The most interesting feature of the Model Airways Albatros kit is its open airframe. Normally hidden under layers of cloth or canvas, we leave the laser-cut wooden frames uncovered to show the intricacies of construction. You’ll find birch fuselage bulkheads, wing ribs and pilot’s seat, basswood fuselage stringers and wing rib caps. Cockpit is reproduced in authentic detail, complete with tachometer, pressure gauge and compass. An authentic 180 HP Mercedes-Benz engine, comprised of over 100 highly detailed Britannia metal parts, is a marvel of miniature design with carburetor, oil pump, spark plugs and valve springs.
The Albatros D.Va from Model Airways is sure to impress any modeler looking for superior detail, unsurpassed authenticity and uncompromising quality of materials. Four sheets of blueprint quality plans and a 48 page illustrated instruction manual.
• 184 basswood, birch and plywood parts, most laser cut.
• Over 100 Britannia metal parts for building the 180 HP six cylinder Mercedes-Benz motor.
• Over 200 copper, aluminum, steel, rubber and Britannia metal parts used as turnbuckles for guy wires, suppression bars, pulleys, wire support brackets, ailerons, stabilizers, struts, flight instruments, wheels, tires and more.
• Two 30 caliber machine guns cast in Britannia metal.
• Four actual size plan sheets with supplementary illustrations of all laser cut wooden parts.
• 48 page step-by-step photo instruction manual to assist novice and expert modelers to the completion of a museum quality model.
Intermediate Level Skill Level.
Wingspan 22-1/2", Fuselage 18-1/4", Scale 1:16, Weight 1 lb. 14 oz.