The PT-17 "Kaydet", built by Stearman, was typical of the biplane primary trainer used during the late 1930's and World War II.
Whereas it was powered by a Continental engine, the same airplane with a Lycoming engine was
designated the PT-13, and with a Jacobs engine, the PT-18. A later version which featured a
cockpit canopy was designated the PT-27.
10,346 Kaydets were ordered for the U.S. and its Allies. Following
World War II, the Kaydet was phased out in favor of more modern trainers. The Boeing Airplane Company purchased the
Stearman Company in 1938.
Source and Link: U.S.A.F. Museum.
Handcrafted wooden airplane model with desk stand.
(Scale: 1/24, Length: 12.25", Wing Span: 17.25")