The Phillips Petroleum Company was incorporated in 1917 by brothers L.E. & Frank Phillips of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. It became the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the United States. In 1927, Phillips built its first petroleum refinery to produce gasoline as an automotive fuel. On November 19 of the same year, it opened the first Phillips 66 service station in Wichita, Kansas.
According to popular lore, while road-testing the company’s newest gasoline, the company representative commented that they were “going like 60.” The driver looked at the speedometer and replied, “Sixty nothing… we’re doing 66!” The road
on which they were effortlessly speeding was U.S. Highway 66 near Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The coincidence was too good to ignore, and the brand “Phillips 66” was born.
• Historically accurate, highly detailed wood & metal model
• Laser cut basswood parts, spoked wooden wheels
• Cast Britannia metal, brass & copper detail parts
• Spoked wooden wheels with metal hubs
• Sturdy PVC tank body, waterslide decals
• 22-page clearly written illustrated instructions
Length 11-1/2” ,
Scale: 1:12 (1” = 1 ft.)
Intermediate Skill Level.