Kit made with precision Cast Metal Parts, assembly and painting time 5-10 hours. Paint and tools are not included.
Developed in France for Emperor Napoleon III in the 1850s, the bronze smoothbore 12-pounder became the most popular gun of the American Civil War. The Napoleon was light enough to be easily maneuverable and heavy enough to destroy field fortifications almost a mile away.
Firing solid shot, spherical case and canister, the Napoleon Cannon was also extremely versatile. By mid-1863 nearly 40% of all field artillery pieces of each army were Napoleons. The Union had over 1,000 Napoleon Cannons in its arsenal and the Confederacy over 600.
• Historically accurate and perfectly scaled
• Cleanly cast Britannia metal components
• Authentically detailed cannon barrel
• One-piece ready to assemble wheels
• Clearly written illustrated instructions
• Easy to build - assembly and painting time 5-10 hours
Length 8-1/4" • Width 4" • Height 3-1/2"
Weight 1 lb. • Scale 1:16
Link: Download a copy of the Napoleon Cannon instruction manual.