With 130 guns, the Santissima Trinidad was the largest wooden ship of the Spanish Navy.
Built at Havana in 1769, it weighed 4900 tons and was 60 meters long. The ship could transport over 1000
men. It participated in the Block of Gibralter, and the War of St. Vincents in 1797. In 1805 after a
furious battle with the English ships Victory, Leviatan, Prince, Africa, and Neptune, it
lost its mast. Captured by the English, it sank on October 22, 1805, while being towed to Gibralter.